Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Who Let the Dogs Out...part deux

Today I went to Veteran's Park, to get my 5 mile run in. Well, guess who was waiting for me?



A friggin' rotty, again, no leash and no dog tags. How do I know this? Well, Rotty came charging at my car, chasing a squirrel into the brush around a baseball field, where I was parked to change. I must be a magnet to this breed. What is with people, that go to a public place, and have no leash or tags on their dogs? I mean it was right next to the dog park, let the beast in there to roam around.

Well, other than having a rotty running around, there wasn't much action in the park. There was a high school cross country meet, getting ready, but no weaves falling off girl's heads.

The legs have been a bit sore, since the 21 miler on Sunday, so I was glad to feel pretty good today. I did push it a bit, since I felt good. Maybe it was running in the new shoes?

5.01 miles 41:07mins.


10 comments:

joyRuN said...

Was that the same one you hollered at last week? I'll definitely have to use the yell tactic next time. What is wrong with people that let their dogs loose like that?

Enjoy the new shoes - did you de-gleam them any?

joyRuN said...

Yep, it's the 7th :)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Laurel said...

DUDE! What is up with you and Cujo??!

Nice job on the run.

SuperDave said...

Great job on the 21! I think it's the "stink" we give off that attracts such lovely dogs.. haha

ncrunner12 said...

Nice run my man. I'm not sure what's going on in your neighborhood with all these dogs running around but watch yourself. Although a "rotty" chaseing you might be a good motivational tool.

Good luck to your Phillies this week I'll be watching.

BeachRunner said...

I think to the dogs you look like a giant tasty dog treat with running shoes and a flyers cap.

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO at Laurel!

OMG I'd poop my pants if I saw that thing coming towards me.

Unknown said...

ROFLMAO at BR's comment. Man, I am cracking up big time just reading that. Whew, got a nice laughing stitch.
Man - I am having second thought of not running in Philly marathon. You might attract too many dogs.

Vava said...

Nice job on the run - great pace! And rottweilers scare the shit out of me, mostly because their owners invariably are compensating for something and don't train them properly. I know that's a generalization, but I've never had a particularly cuddly experience with that breed myself.

Darrell said...

Motivation to pick up the pace?? Are you masquerading as the dog whisperer?