Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wednesday Nite run in Mercer County Park

I had to get out and do a 8 mile run, and was trying to think of a decent course to run.
I like just leaving from home, instead of driving somewhere and running, ect..
I don't want my running to take time away from working around the house, and playing with the boys. My runs lately have been on the same roads, and I wanted to do something different. This is where having the Forerunner 405 pays off! If I didn't have this tool, I would have no idea how far I was running, since I thought of this run on the fly.
I ran to MCP, and did part of the Run For Dad 5k loop around the lake.
The Forerunner worked like a champ in the wooded part. This thing is awesome! If you are into running, this is the tool you must have!
It was fun to get a different route down, not knowing where I was going to end up. I had an idea of where I wanted to run.
I need to start to run with a camera, and take pictures of some of the things I see. Nobody does a better job of taking pictures & running than good ole Shoreturtle! Check out his blog, he does a great job with adding photos.
MCP has a ton of wildlife, and during this run, I ran right up on some deer. I got less than a few feet from them before they took off.
I saw some trails I want to explore, and will try them out in the upcoming weeks.
It was a nice comfortable nite to run. We sure have been lucky this last month with the humidity!


My time was 1:12:17 (8:57/Mile)
Lap/Mile
1 8:46
2 8:53
3 9:09
4 8:54
5 9:03
6 9:14
7 9:00
8 8:32
.09 0:43

6 comments:

BeachRunner said...

Sounds like a great run in a beautiful location. So cool that you ran past some deer. I look forward to seeing some pics of the route.

Vava said...

The Garmin watch thing is so key! I got the 305 a few weeks ago and already can't imagine running without it. The 405 was a little pricey for a rookie runner like me, but maybe in a while I'll be able to justify it. Nice run, and great splits!

Progman2000 said...

The Forerunner is king, I would freak out if I had to run without it. If it had a camera you would be totally set.

ncrunner12 said...

That sounds like a really good run, and it's nice to switch it up a bit... break out of the "norm." I agree with beachrunner too, we need some pictures.

Unknown said...

I know that taking pictures for the blog is a big plus. It makes it more fascinating. The only problem with mine is that it is a big camera. It sounds like you had a terrific run. Nice splits!

Erin Leigh said...

Even though I have to take a break I am still hoping to get the garmin for my b-day. Glad you like it so much!!

Definitely take pics!!!