Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday's uneventful last run as a 41yr old.

Well, after a busy day at work, followed by food shopping at the Acme, I had to get my 6 mile run in.

I'll tell you, running in the rain was fun yesterday, but today, running in low humidity & a light breeze, it was near perfect!

I had a route saved in my runner's world online training log, that I was thinking of running, but it was short of the 6 miles that is on my training plan for Thursday's. I decided to add a short loop at the end.

There was a bunch of runner's out and about tonite. I must have passed about 1/2 a dozen.

Now when I run past other runners, I usually give a nod, or at least acknowledge the other runner. Most times it'll be a quick hand wave, but today, I guess the runners I passed either where fighting with their boss or spouse, because not one reciprocated my acknowledgement of them. Oh well, their loss. I for one, always take the second to show a little brotherly love to my fellow runners.

Well, again, sounds old, but I felt great running. My wind is fine, legs are the 1st to feel the pain.

Guess that will improve the more training I do.

I did get acquainted with an old friend today. With the downpour I ran in yesterday, I gave my Kayano 14's the nite off, to continue to dry out, and dusted off my old Kayano 13's. I have read on the discussion board, at http://www.runnersworld.com/, that you should rotate your shoes, and shouldn't run in the same pair on consecutive days. I don't know how true that statement is, but I did want to make sure my 14's were completely dry.

Well, I added on almost a full mile to the end of my run. I ended up running 6.63 miles in 56:17 (8:30/mile).
I am looking forward to taking Friday off. Not only is it a scheduled day off of running, but a certain marathon trainee turns 42.

Merry Christmas in July!

9 comments:

Progman2000 said...

Happy B-day dude - 42 is a good year for a first marathon, enjoy it.

Erin Leigh said...

What is up with the runners? I am the same as you.

Happy Birthday. Have a great day!!!

BeachRunner said...

Dont you just love those days where everything just feels right? Blissful runs are the BEST. Have a great weekend and happy birthday!!!

Marcy said...

LOL I was just going to comment on how you had the same Blog name as Erin but looky look, she's already here :P

Oy, that's a pet peeve of mine. Not waving or smiling back. Seriously you can't put forth the minimal energy to smile or wave back? BAH!

I rotate my kicks, if only fo rthe fact that it gives me an excuse to buy another pair of kicks LOL

Ben G said...

Nice blog. As you can see we are on a similar path towards marathons about 20 days apart.
I look forward to reading more.

akshaye said...

Happy Birthday! See.. you got perfect conditions for you last run at 41.

I am not much of a believer in the rotation thing.. but if you have two pairs then I guess why not.

ShoreTurtle said...

Happy Birthday Dude.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday dude!!! Like you, I do rotate my shoes quite a bit which I think its beneficial. Like you, I have a tendency to give a "Friendly" wave to other runners. (At least, I can burn an extra calories just by doing a little bit of waving.) Some do return. Some ignored me. It is their problem, not mine. I used to think they are narcissistic. Anyway, hope you had a good Birthday celebration.

Darrell said...

Hey sorry I missed your B-day, just a couple of weeks after mine. You got lost in the "clutter" of my bloglines. Hope you enjoyed your day.