Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Quick 6 in the park!

It was another nice weather day to run! It was in the low 50's, and I was able to run in shorts & a long sleeve tech shirt. That's 2 in a row, in shorts! I know I'll be paying for this break soon, it's just a matter of time.
Anyway, I went to Veteran's Park after work, and ran 6 miles. There were a bunch of walkers out, and a few runners. I felt pretty good, and enjoyed the mild temps. I ran the basic Hangover course, and modified it a bit, to add the extra mile. I felt like I could have gone further, but 6 was plenty. I pushed it the last mile, and wanted to run that under 8 mins. Mission accomplished. I did the last mile in 7:41.
Looks like tomorrow, Wednesday, the temps could hit 60, so while it has been an off day of running, I might just have to pack the gear and hit the parks! How can you pass up weather like that in Feb?

Sorry, no pics today, there just wasn't anything interesting to photograph.
One last thing.. I signed up for the UglyMudder trail race. Yea, I'm a glutton for punishment!

6 miles 50:05 (8:20 avg.)

Mile / Time
1 8:31
2 8:23
3 8:52
4 8:23
5 8:10
6 7:41

8 comments:

BommaMama said...

WTG on that last mile! I'm hoping to do Vet Park tomorrow for my 6 - very excited about temps in the 60s. Oh and good luck with that Ugly Mudder. I don't feel I am an experienced enough trail runner to take it on quite yet - the accounts from the last pretzel city race were a bit off-putting!

Laurel said...

I have plans tomorrow night after work, but I wish I could get out there and enjoy that weather too.

Nice job on the run.

BeachRunner said...

Nice job and a great kick at the end too.

And I am just so frustrated with the NYR's. I am on strike - no hockey talk for me until they prove they can score goals.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I love being able to get out of the winter clothes and into something more spring-ish.... Ha

Unknown said...

Nice run. I was able to go out in shorts yesterday also. It felt so great. However they are calling for 3-5 inches of snow here on Friday. I'm trying to block it out.

Michelle said...

Nice last mile dude!!! Wow you were flying weren't you???

Yes the weather has been phenomenal!!! For sure get out there today!!!

I am running vicariously though all of my running bloggers!!!

Vava said...

This never gets old: nice pace!

joyRuN said...

Great splits!

Yes, you are a glutton for punishment.