Wednesday, February 11, 2009

8 miles in Shorts & a Tee!!

3 in a row!!
That's 3 consecutive runs in shorts! While Cal Ripken's record will stand, this sure feels good.

I got to run in Mercer County Park, Wednesday after work, in shorts and a t-shirt! The weather geeks claimed it could hit 70 here today, but I knew better. It was low 60's, and that was fine by me. The wind was an issue, as it was gusty, but I'm not complaining.
The park was buzzing with activity, walkers, bikers, runners, strollers, dog walking, it had that spring time feel.
I wanted to get in 8 miles today. My goal is to put a week in similar to my marathon training I did. I am kicking around an idea, and just want to see how I feel. More on that another day....

Anyway I felt good, the wind was a nuisance in the mid miles, but hey, 60's in Feb., let it be known, I am not complaining! If anything, it's good training for the Ocean Drive 10 miler.
8 miles (1:08:30 8:33avg)

Mile / Time
1 8:22
2 8:10
3 8:21
4 8:49
5 8:39
6 8:51
7 8:47
8 8:27

8 comments:

Denise said...

I just got back from a run in shorts, too. It was great. Hope it stays this way...

Progman2000 said...

I will totally be sporting shorts tomorrow at 5:00am. Possibly short sleeves too. Can't imagine it's going to last for long...

akshaye said...

Yeah.. I wore shorts + sandals today! Loving it.. Nice 8 miler.

joyRuN said...

Please. You've been ready for OD!

BommaMama said...

Kicking around an idea to do the NJM maybe?? You're more ready for it than I am at this point!

Vava said...

I'm pretty sure you could outrun Cal right now with those splits! Nice going.

Unknown said...

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the warmth also. I have a feeling it's not going to be around much longer.

sRod said...

The weather sure does help with race times!