Thursday, December 11, 2008

2 Weekday runs

I got out twice this week to run. It's nice to run without a schedule, but I have been starting to look at running a second marathon in early 2009. I have one on my radar, in late winter/early spring. More on that, when I decide what I am going to do.
Well, I got out Tuesday and ran. I wanted to run the Hamilton Hangover 5 miler course, but I couldn't get to the park, to run in the daylight.. damn winter! I was close to Mercer County Park, so I ran the Run for Dad 5k course. I ran it casual. I wanted to get some miles in, and see how the ankle felt. Something is up with my right ankle, and hopefully it's just a strain, and not a stress fracture. I need to get it checked, but just don't want any bad news to interfere with my running. Anyway, I did the 5k loop in 23:29.
Wednesday it was like an early spring day, with temps in the low 60's (it was in the high 20's on Monday), and on and rain. I got out in a mist, and it picked up later in the run. I ran a little over a 9min mile pace. I had planned to run a 5 mile loop, and somehow during my run, I must have hit the off button on the Garmin, and I didn't realize it was off, until I had a little over a mile left on my run. The garmin had me running 2.77 miles in 25:46, and I know I am missing at least a mile and a half. If that would have happened a few months ago, I would have been pissed, but with nothing on the line, ahh who cares!
The weather this week here in NJ has been crazy! It started out with the temps barely hitting 30 on Monday, to a high around 65 on Wed, with rain Wednesday & Thursday, and heavy at times on Thursday nite.
Winter will return this weekend. I think I am meeting the group from Thanksgiving, Saturday morning to go trail running.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi you are doing so great!!! Just be careful!!

Go easy if your in pain, believe me i learned the very hard way!!!

Have a great weekend!

Denise said...

So which one are you thinking about in early 2009? I keep thinking I want to sign up for one but I'm just not sure my body is ready yet. At least I have NO half to look forward to in Feb...

joyRuN said...

Get that ankle checked out already! Better now than before you get on another training plan.

Have a great trail run this weekend. Stay warm!!

Progman2000 said...

Late winter, early spring? You looking at the Ocean Drive Marathon? Sounds up your alley, since you are a Wildwood kind of guy.

Hope the ankle thing works out - I have been base building nice and steady and have had no signs of relapse (fingers crossed).

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I often put off getting things checked out due to the fear that it could possibly be something bad.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I agree with joyRuN. Get the ankle checked if it's not getting better on its own.

I can't believe you're going for another marathon so soon!

Plus 23:29 in a "casual" 5k? I'd give up my lap-time with Santa to do a 23:29 5k!

Stop making me look bad!

Awwww ... it's Christmas. Go ahead. Make me look bad, ya big lug!

FLYERS26 said...

Prog, it is not the Ocean Drive Marathon. I will be doing the 10miler race, that is part of the OD Marathon.
I will say that it is that date range....

RunToTheFinish said...

oh send me your weather. I love running just to run, it makes it all enjoyable for no reason other than because you can

Progman2000 said...

Hmmm, next two guesses are Shamrock or the National marathon - I will stay tuned for your announcement. If I do anything in the Spring it will likely be NJM again, can't see myself traveling when NJM is 20 minutes away.

Unknown said...

My guess is that you will do the Yuengling Shamrock Sportsfest Marathon in Virginia Beach, Va. Do I get a prize for the right guess ???

Enjoy your trail running dude !! I know the weather has been on a roller coaster here.

SuperDave said...

Hard to plan runs with the screwed up weather! That damn ozone layer.. haha

BeachRunner said...

3 part comment today:

1. Be careful with that ankle.

2. Holy crap have the Flyers picked it up lately.

3. I like Cole Hamels comment. I think it's awesome when sports teams and players talk honestly and with passion. Why can't the Mets have some of the fire-in-the-belly that the Phillys now have. Sigh. I remember 1986 when the Mets said anything. They were fearless and tough. Hell, they were fighting with EACH OTHER that year.