Thursday, January 8, 2009

Where did I run 4.2 miles today?

I went for a 4.2 mile run today, and guess where I ran?

I ran 4.2 miles, for my wife, who's birthday it is today. Yup she shares a Birthday with the King of Rock, Elvis Presley.. and the queen of rock, David Bowie.

FYI.. she's not 4.2 yrs old.. I won't say anymore.


Well back to where did I run...
I ran into a head/cross wind, that was whipping off a body of water.
The ankle gave me no problems.
I ran an out and back.
I averaged 8:20 min miles, and kept a steady pace.
I have run this course before, on longer runs.
I ran this in 35:04
Other than the clues I have given everyone, I took one picture, to help figure out where I ran.

When I saw this statue, I thought it appropriate, since it's of a mother & her children.

Well... the winner gets a pat on the back, and an attaboy!

Good luck!

9 comments:

Laurel said...

I already saw the answer on FB, so I'll let others play along :)

Happy Bday to your wife!

So, to answer your question about the ankle, mine doesn't burn so much. Towards the ends of my runs, I feel a nagging pain as I hit my foot on the ground (on the inside ankle around the achilles). Afterwards it's usually numb and sometimes it actually goes up my leg.

The other day it was pretty bad after I did 10 miles, my whole lower leg was numb and the pain went up the back of my leg. But tonight I did 6.5 and it was fine. I ice, rest it, elevate it, take Motrin, etc. It usually feels much better the next day.

But the pain is always there. Especially when I press down with my big toe. So weird.

It's always something. I love getting old.

joyRuN said...

Glad to hear your ankle is feeling better. Based on Laurel's answer, I could cheat & check FB for the answer, because I have NO idea.

Happy Birthday to your Mrs. Flyers26!!

Denise said...

I love how you run for your familys bday! Glad to hear you had a pain-free run!

BeachRunner said...

"Ground control to Major Tom..."

Happy b-day to your Wife!

sRod said...

Happy Bday to the wife. Although the children don't look too happy in that statue/monument...not sure if you keep your children naked and hungry.

My only guess is Fairmount Park in Philly. But that's just a wild guess.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Graceland! Because that statue is DEFINITELY the infamous statue of Elvis suckling Lisa Marie!

Whud I win?

Also, I can't crack your d@mn Da Vinci code! How old is your wife?

Sonia said...

So she's not 4.2 years old..... ;-) Nice job on the run!

FLYERS26 said...

The answer to the question is.....

Kelly Drive, by boathouse row!

FLYERS26 said...

Glaven.... it's very simple...
remove the "." push the numbers together.. and you get... 42