Thursday, November 12, 2009

I got my Philly BIB # !!

With the Philly marathon down to just days away, I got the email I have been waiting for! I got my bib & corral starting gate. #3682 in the Green Corral !!

This past week, I had my last long run of 15 miles, but the day before, I had a scary moment during our trail run. It was Indian Sprints the entire 6 mile run, and at one point we had to kick it up a hill we call "death hill", because of it's length. Last one up had 20 push ups to do. Our quasi leader Nate was along side of me, and I was on his right shoulder starting out, and I knew he would bite at a challenge up the hill, so I pushed it. All was going good, until I felt a twinge where my butt & left leg meet. NOT GOOD ! I finished the rest of the run, and was hoping it was nothing. All day it didn't feel right, and when I got up to run my last 15 Sunday morning, it still wasn't right. I wanted the last long run, to do at my goal pace of 8:20's, and struggled to do 9-9:20's. I didn't have that "explosion" I am used to going up and down hills. I actually thought of bagging the run, only 2 miles into it. I gutted it out, and took the next 2 days off.
I got out Wed, and ran 7 strong miles, in my goal pace of 8:20. While it doesn't feel 100%, I think being in taper time, will help it heal.
Best of luck to all who are running the marathons in Richmond & Atlantic City this Sunday ! Hopefully the weather will work out, and the nor'easter will be done!

12 comments:

KimsRunning said...

I hope it heals during taper too! That would certainly bite if it hangs on! Good luck in the marathon...is there a runner tracker?? I'll find out and check it!!!

GOOD LUCK, ROCK THAT FINISH LINE!!!!!

I Run for Fun said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you...hope the twinge is just harmless and taper will take care of it. Enjoy the rest of your taper...and good luck!!!

sneakersister said...

As I was reading about the Indian sprints up the hill I thought of pulling a muscle just seconds before I read that you had. Ouch! Ice it and take it easy. You should have enough time for that to heal up. Indian sprints sound like fun though.

I was psyched to get my bib #, too, but now I have to get my corral switched.

Denise said...

Take it easy the next week!! We have a 3:40 to get!

NJShoreRun said...

Plenty of time to completely heal up. You put the training in, now it's time to take it easy this week!

Vava said...

Good luck with that muscle tweak, and have a great race!

sRod said...

Just take it easy bud!

Nice work ont he green corral...looks like you're pretty far up front.

Darrell said...

Dang, goofy things happen sometimes. Rest up, take it easy and then give it all you got on race day.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

You're a beast, brother. I have no doubt you'll kick more asphalt in Philadelphia this year!

Unknown said...

Whoa Nelly !!! You got to take it easy dude !!! Rest up and enjoy the tapering. Looks like you are going to smash the Philly marathon well this year ! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

Terrific!
I have been told we runners go through "taper tantrums". Check my blog out about my own!

http://runningfool-ootaynee.blogspot.com/search/label/taper%20tantrums